Klipsch RF-7 III: More Information
Horn Loaded Tweeter
The Klipsch RF-7 III features a newly designed 1.75-inch titanium-diaphragm compression driver inside a molded rubber square Tractrix Horn for smoother high-end response with greater extension, enhanced imaging, and more powerful dynamics. The 8.5″ square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- Tractrix Horn Tweeter: The Klipsch RF-7 III features a professional-grade 1.75″ titanium-diaphragm compression driver inside a molded rubber square Tractrix Horn. The compression driver features a new phase plug design to improve phase coherency at the throat of the horn, resulting in improved sound pressure linearity at high frequencies.
- Molded Rubber Square Tractrix Horn: The redesigned Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
Dual Cerametallic Woofers
The dual 10″ woofers of the RF-7 III feature Klipsch’s distinctive, copper-spun Cerametallic cones. Made with an anodized aluminum, these cones are strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts their inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. Each 10″ woofer feature a heavy-duty cast aluminum frame for resonant-free operation. In addition, each woofer incorporates a dual shorting-ring magnet structure design to eliminate modulation of the magnetic flux resulting in improved linearity of cone movement. The 10″ woofers also employ a rubber surround for added durability. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer’s operating range.
Dual Chamber + Tractrix Port Enclosure
The RF-7 III’s new bifurcated enclosure allows each 10″ woofer and port to work independently from the other. This improves the linearity of both drive systems, and minimizes standing wave problems inside the cabinet that can cause frequency anomalies in the sensitive midrange frequencies. Utilizing Tractrix geometry, the new RF-7 III ports allow for the most efficient air transfer from the cabinet for a clean, powerful low frequency response. The enclosure features a MDF construction with a beautiful furniture-grade wood veneer, plus improved internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound.
Dual Binding Posts
The speaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers (make sure to remove the jumpers in this scenario). The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire (16AWG – 10AWG).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker’s voicing balance.
The RF-7 III floor-standing loudspeaker features a removable magnetic grille which easily snaps into place over its cast-aluminum front baffle. The speaker can be used with or without its grille in place.
Plinth w/ Spike or Rubber Feet
The Klipsch RF-7 III floor-standing loudspeaker is supplied with a plinth which acts as the speaker’s base (four screws are included to mount the plinth to the bottom of the speaker). Self-adhesive rubber feet are included to prevent surface damage on hardwood, vinyl, laminate, ceramic, and tile flooring (these rubber feet stick to the bottom of the plinth). Spike feet are also included to enhance performance and stability on carpeted floors (the spike feet screw into the bottom of the plinth).
- hand-built in Hope, Arkansas
- frequency response 32-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: up to 250 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak)
- sensitivity 100 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Tractrix® horn with 1-3/4″ titanium dome tweeter
- dual 10″ Cerametallic™ woofers
- bass-reflex (ported) design with dual rear-firing Tractrix ports
- furniture-grade black ash wood veneer
- dual binding posts for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 13-7/8″W x 49″H x 17-7/8″D
- weight: 97 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
What’s in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Spike feet
- 4 Rubber feet
- 2 Jumpers (pre-installed)
- 4 Machine screws
- Owner’s Manual