Klipsch RP-404C II: More Information
A new tweeter for clear highs
Your home theater system is only as good as your center channel speaker, since it’s the one reproducing almost all the dialogue in a film or TV show. Klipsch made some awesome tweaks to the Klipsch RP-404C II’s tweeter to allow center channel effects and voices to come through clearly and precisely.
The 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter features a vented housing that reduces standing waves that can compromise sound quality. The hallmark Tractrix® horn it’s housed in has a widened mouth for better soundstaging and directivity. The horn also sports a soft silicone face and a unique phase plug to keep the highs smooth and non-fatiguing on the Klipsch RP-404C II.
Better woofers give effects impact
There are two 4″ Ceremetallic woofers on each side of the central tweeter. Those drivers give center channel sound effects like explosions some punch and help reproduce voices in lower registers. Metallic woofers aren’t anything new for Klipsch speakers, but the company has made significant improvements to the motor structures behind the cones.
Each woofer uses a 70% larger voice coil for greater control, speed, and accuracy. The woofers also have new aluminum shorting rings that help reduce distortion and let the drivers handle a bit more power.
A redesigned, sealed cabinet
Where and how you place your center channel speaker is important. But sometimes an ideal spot isn’t always available. Klipsch gave the 404C II a sealed cabinet to make sure you can place it almost anywhere. Got the speaker backed up against a wall? No problem. And, since there’s no rear-firing port, there’s no need to worry about bass waves building up behind the speaker and muddying the sound.
- 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- four 4″ Cerametallic™ cone woofers
- frequency response: 87-25,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- power handling: up to 125 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet
- magnetic grille protects drivers and looks stylish
- furniture-grade walnut vinyl with scratch-resistant design and satin-painted baffles
- aluminum binding post speaker terminals with audiophile-grade internal speaker wiring
- cork pads on bottom add stability and security while helping decouple the speaker from surfaces
- 26-7/8″W x 5-3/4″H x 6-1/2″D
- weight: 20.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
What’s in the box:
- Center channel loudspeaker
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information