Klipsch RP-500SA II: More Information
Under-the-hood driver upgrades
The 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter, newly redesigned for Klipsch’s Reference Premiere II Series, features a vented housing to reduce standing waves that can compromise sound quality. The hallmark Tractrix® horn it’s housed in has a widened mouth for better soundstaging and directivity. That means a wider “sweet spot” overall and better imaging within that sweet spot. The horn also sports a soft silicone face and a unique phase plug to keep the highs smooth and non-fatiguing.
Metallic drivers aren’t anything new for Klipsch speakers, but the company has made significant improvements to the motor structures behind the 500SA II’s cone. Each speaker’s 5-1/4″ woofer uses a 70% larger voice coil for greater control, speed, and accuracy. The woofers also have new aluminum shorting rings that help reduce distortion and let the drivers handle some extra power.
The cool thing about the Klipsch RP-500SA II IIs is that they can work as either Atmos speakers or as side-or-rear surround speakers. There’s a handy crossover switch on each speaker that lets you tell them which role they’re playing. If you’re considering using these as surrounds, each Klipsch RP-500SA II has a keyhole slot on the back for easy wall-mounting.
- pair of Dolby Atmos add-on speakers for home theater
- each fits perfectly on top of a Klipsch RP-5000F II, RP-6000F II, or RP-8000F II floor-standing speaker
- connect to a Dolby Atmos-compatible home theater receiver’s height channels
- can also be used as standard left- or right-channel surround speakers when mounted to the wall
- onboard crossover control switches between “Atmos” and “Surround” modes
- 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- 5-1/4″ Cerametallic™ cone woofer
- frequency response and sensitivity specs conform to Dolby Atmos specifications
- power handling: up to 75 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet design
- keyhole slot for easy wall-mounting
- furniture-grade ebony vinyl with scratch-resistant design and satin-painted baffles
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 6-7/8″W x 8-9/16″H x 12-11/16″D
- weight: 8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
What’s in the box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos-enabled surround loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Four 8.5″ lengths of speaker cable (terminated by banana connectors)
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information