Klipsch RP-502S II: More Information
Under-the-hood driver upgrades
This is the second iteration of the RP-502S speakers, and Klipsch gave their drivers some extra attention for better sound.
Each 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter feature a new vented housing to reduce standing waves that can compromise sound quality. Each tweeter lies inside Klipsch’s hallmark Tractrix® horn. The new horns have a widened mouth for better soundstaging and directivity. The horn also sports a soft silicone face and a unique phase plug to keep the highs smooth and non-fatiguing.
Metallic drivers aren’t anything new for Klipsch speakers, but the company has made significant improvements to the motor structures behind the cones. Each woofer has a 70% larger voice coil for greater control, speed, and accuracy. The woofers also have new aluminum shorting rings that help reduce distortion and let the drivers handle some extra power.
A new cabinet for better sound
The Klipsch RP-502S II cabinets have a rear-firing Tractrix port that helps deepen each speaker’s bass response. The port’s horn shape promotes more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet, minimizing port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Since these speakers use a ported cabinet, you don’t want to place them up against a wall. Instead, I recommend giving the speakers some “breathing room” by pulling them away from your wall a little. Their bass response will thank you.
- pair of surround speakers for home theater
- dual 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeters with Tractrix® horns
- dual 5-1/4″ Cerametallic™ cone woofers
- Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST) for lifelike cinematic sound even in less-than-ideal placement spots
- two sets of drivers fire at a 90-degree angle from one another for immersive, wraparound sound effects
- frequency response: 62-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- furniture-grade ebony vinyl with scratch-resistant design and satin-painted baffles
- keyhole slot for easy wall-mounting
- dimensions: 11-15/16″W x 13-15/16″H x 7-9/16″D
- weight: 16.7 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
What’s in the box:
- 2 Surround loudspeakers
- 4 Grilles
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber pads
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information