Klipsch RP-504C II: More Information
Refined horn and updated tweeter
The center channel speaker is the most important speaker in a home theater system. It handles two crucial parts of a movie’s soundtrack: dialogue and center channel effects (like explosions). Klipsch made some tweaks to the speaker’s tweeter for better home theater performance than ever.
The 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter features a vented housing to reduce standing waves that can compromise sound quality. The hallmark Tractrix® horn it’s housed in has a widened mouth for better soundstaging and directivity. The horn also sports a soft silicone face and a unique phase plug to keep the highs smooth and non-fatiguing.
Punchy drivers for maximum impact
There are two 5-1/4″ Ceremetallic woofers flanking both sides of the Klipsch RP-504C II central tweeter. Those larger woofers provide sound effects like explosions ample punch. Metallic woofers aren’t anything new for Klipsch speakers, but the company has made significant improvements to the motor structures behind the cones.
Each woofer uses a 70% larger voice coil for greater control, speed, and accuracy. The woofers also have new aluminum shorting rings that help reduce distortion and let the drivers handle a bit more power.
A ported cabinet for deeper bass
The 504C II’s cabinet has a rear-firing Tractrix port that helps deepen the speaker’s bass response. The port’s horn shape promotes more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet, minimizing port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Where and how you place your center channel speaker is important. Since this speaker uses a ported cabinet, you don’t want to place it up against a wall or the back of your entertainment center. Instead, I recommend giving the speaker some “breathing room” by pulling it away from your wall. The speaker’s bass response will thank you.
- 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- four 5-1/4″ Cerametallic™ cone woofers
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- power handling: up to 150 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing Tractrix port
- magnetic grille protects drivers and looks stylish
- furniture-grade ebony vinyl with scratch-resistant design and satin-painted baffles
- aluminum binding post speaker terminals with audiophile-grade internal speaker wiring
- cork pads on bottom add stability and security while helping decouple the speaker from surfaces
- dimensions: 32-3/16″W x 6-15/16″H x 15-1/8″D
- weight: 36.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
What’s in the box:
- Center channel loudspeaker
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information