Klipsch RP-8000F II: More Information
Upgraded tweeter and horn
The Klipsch RP-8000F II 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter features a vented housing to reduce standing waves that can compromise sound quality. The hallmark Tractrix® horn it’s housed in has a widened mouth for better soundstaging and directivity. That means a wider “sweet spot” overall and better imaging within that sweet spot. The horn also sports a soft silicone face and a unique phase plug to keep the highs smooth and non-fatiguing.
Under-the-hood driver upgrades
Metallic drivers aren’t anything new for Klipsch speakers, but the company has made significant improvements to the motor structures behind the cones for the Klipsch RP-8000F II. Each woofer has a 70% larger voice coil for greater control, speed, and accuracy. The woofers also have new aluminum shorting rings that help reduce distortion and let the drivers handle some extra power.
A new cabinet for better sound
Klipsch also upgraded the RP-8000F II’s cabinet. This go-around, they added additional bracing throughout and divided the cabinet into sections. That helps to reduce sound-altering cabinet resonance and vibration and improves clarity.
The cabinet has two rear-firing Tractrix ports that help deepen the speaker’s bass response. Their unique horn shape promotes more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet, minimizing port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Since this speaker uses a ported cabinet, you don’t want to place it up against a wall. Instead, I recommend giving the speaker some “breathing room” by pulling it away from your wall a little. Its bass response will thank you.
Bi-amp or bi-wire for even better sound
There are two sets of binding posts on the back of the RP-8000F II.
- 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- two 8″ Cerametallic™ cone woofers
- frequency response: 35-25,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 98 dB
- power handling: up to 150 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex design with two rear-firing Tractrix ports
- magnetic grille protects drivers and looks stylish
- furniture-grade ebony vinyl with scratch-resistant design and satin-painted baffles
- cast aluminum feet for modern look with less vibration transferred to floor
- two sets of aluminum binding posts for bi-amping or bi-wiring, with audiophile-grade internal speaker wiring
- extra set of binding posts for connecting a passive Dolby Atmos-enabled speaker
- dimensions: 10-7/8″W x 43-3/16″H x 17-9/16″D
- weight: 61.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
What’s in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker (ONE)
- Stabilizer feet (pre-installed)
- 2 Terminal jumpers (pre-installed)
- Rubber cap (pre-installed)
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information