Pioneer VSX-935 More Information:
- Power handling capability of 170rms per channel fills even the largest room with resonating theatre sound
- Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision pass through display vivid images while the HDMI 2.1 combined with HDCP 2.3 increases the bandwidth to give high resolution output
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) removes the lag by increasing the image refreshing rate, so you can indulge in thrilling games and emotional videos without any stutter
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT)allows quick switching to the optimized mode to assure remarkable performance with no lag
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualize optimizes the sound with more virtual surround and height effect without using additional speakers
- DTS Neural:X discards the need for a new speaker layout and auto tunes the audio to adapt to the existing channel and speaker system
- DTS Virtual:X support 2 to 7.1.4-channel input source to deliver impressive 3-dimensional cinema audio on almost all channel speaker layout
- Bluetooth Wireless technology 4.2 version allows high-definition audio transmission to listen to music from preferred device as well as to listen to audio from the main source with compatible headphones
- Music Server, DTS Play-Fi, Sonos system and Apple AirPlay 2 applications let you play the tracks without any hassle
- Personal Preset button helps to save up to three preferred listening modes and volume levels to let you select the option with just the press of the front panel button or remote control
- Dialog Enhancement permits independent adjustments of volume for hearing the dialogs with more clarity
- Wake on Play function automatically alerts the AV receiver to switch to input mode when the connected Bluetooth device starts playing
- Powered Zone 2 with dedicated DAC lets you listen to the audio from a system in another room without using separate amplifier
- Compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant ensure easy control over music services and internet radio
Immerse in 3D surround sound of Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X in 5.2.2ch speaker layout, or you can still enjoy similar effects by Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer and DTS Virtual:X even without height or surround speakers. Featuring Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision™ pass through, offering evermore life-like images.
Plus, the Pioneer VSX-935 supports HDMI 2.1*for 8K, VRR, ALLM, QFT pass-through for next-generation video/gaming with HDCP 2.3. You can stream songs from various sources via Music Server, Bluetooth®, DTS Play-Fi, Sonos system and Apple AirPlay 2. It is Roon Tested, making music streaming easy from AV equipment.
Other highlights include Powered Zone 2 feature with a dedicated DAC, Personal Preset buttons, 2 HDMI outputs, and it works with Alexa/Hey Google for voice control.
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The Pioneer VSX-935 is compatible with 5.2.2ch configuration of the latest cinema sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X®/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization
When playing any Dolby format, engaging the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
With DTS Virtual:X, you can enjoy a three-dimensional immersive sound similar to DTS:X, without the need of height or rear speakers. The technology supports 2 to 7.1.4-channel input source, for delivery on 2 to 5.1 or even 7.1-channel speaker layout. DTS Virtual:X works with all DTS codecs, including DTS:X.
Just press the Personal Preset button on the front panel for three seconds, and your current settings such as volume level and listening mode can be saved. Up to three presets can be registered and easily called up from the front panel button or the remote control.
With this unique mid-range sound control feature, you can make independent volume adjustments to the range including dialogs in films, with the up/down key on the remote control.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
Create the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes response.
Works with SONOS
By bringing the VSX-935 into the Sonos eco-system with Connect or Port, you can play any music or audio source on your Sonos app. With “Volume Pass Through” mode selected at the Sonos App settings, you’ll be able to control the volume of the unit by Sonos app or by itself. Enjoy high-quality playback from the AV receiver by Sonos app, just as you would with your favorite Sonos system.
Powered Zone 2 with Dedicated DAC
With the powered feature, the Pioneer VSX-935 can directly drive speakers in another room, without the need for a separate amplifier. What’s more, the dedicated DAC for Zone 2 lets you listen to all digital audio sources.
Zone B Output for Wireless Headphones
The VSX-935 is equipped with Zone B audio output terminals for expanding the Main Zone sound by connecting your wireless headphone dock. You can listen to the sound playing in the living room via wireless headphones.
High-quality Audio Transmission by Bluetooth® Wireless technology
Stream songs from compatible devices with the built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (ver. 4.2). The VSX-935 features A2DP/AVRCP profiles, supporting SBC/aptX/aptX HD codecs for transmitter and SBC/AAC codecs for receiver. Not only you can listen music with the receiver via Bluetooth, but also listen to the main source sound of the receiver with a high-quality codec using compatible headphones. With Wake on Play function, the AV receiver automatically wakes up and switches input when a Bluetooth source starts playing.
The Pioneer VSX-935 works with Hey Google, so you can control playback of various music services supported by Chromecast by asking a Google Assistant enabled device to play, stop, skip, or take the volume up or down. This receiver also works with Alexa, so you can also use voice commands to control supported music services in multiple rooms by Alexa built-in devices. Thanks to both voice controls, you can easily operate and enjoy music services or Internet radio with your voice, without using a remote control or smartphone app